The Integrated Assessment Society (TIAS) is a not-for-profit-entity created to promote the community of inter-disciplinary and disciplinary scientists, analysts and practitioners who develop and use integrated assessment. The goals of the society are to nurture this community, to promote the development of IA and to encourage its wise application. TIAS members include scientists, practitioners and policy advisors from multiple sectors and from 23 countries around the world.
About Integrated Assessment
TIAS defines Integrated assessment (IA) as the scientific “meta-discipline” that integrates knowledge about a problem domain and makes it available for societal learning and decision-making processes. Scientific and stakeholder knowledge is drawn from many disciplines and a wide range of methods are applied.
IA plays an important role in environmental management by providing integrated knowledge management tools and processes for addressing complex environmental problems, and for promoting transformations towards sustainable development.
- TIAS Newsletter October 2019 – Theme: Policy and science in post-truth society
- New Publication: Making sense of science for policy under conditions of complexity and uncertainty
- EU Conference on Modelling for Policy support: Experiences, challenges and the way ahead 26-27 Nov. 2019
- Report of the webinar on Serious Games and Social Learning
- Webinar: Global Environmental Outlook – Findings and Options for Future Assessments, June 14, 2 pm-4 pm CEST